Thursday, November 18, 2010

Corset sharing time! #1


over my 4 years of study I, like most students have developed a bad habit/obsession, however mine comes in quite a strange form. (clears throat) my name is Maevana and i have a corset obsession, sigh they are just so beautiful, sexy, sleek and you feel so sexy and empowered when you wear them! if you don't own a corset or have never tried one on you don't know what your missing out on, and i highly recommend you seek one out. i have 9 in total and were all hand made by me, it is my love and inspiration i look to corsetry and the integrity that it holds and try to pull those eliments through to my label peppermintMilk.

This is a pic of one of my 4th year BA projects, it is a period correct corset from the late 1800's and it took forever to make. nearly the entire corset has been corded, cording is a technique where you stitch through the corset creating channels for you to thread thin chord in, this can be used instead of boning or with and gives the wearer a vast amount more support (and pain).

No comments:

Post a Comment